IT Operations and Maintenance Manager
- Washington, DC
We have an opportunity for an Operations and Maintenance Manager to join our talented team in support of a federal client in Washington, DC. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading operations and maintenance efforts of existing IT services across a large multi-disciplined team, assisting in the administration and monitoring of current operations and driving IT modernization efforts. This opportunity is contingent upon contract award.
- Leads operations and maintenance (O&M) activities within the client environment including understanding current services, supporting operation performance monitoring, identifying challenges, providing potential solutions, and implementing solutions that result in cost savings or return on investment for the client.
- Oversees the operations team and works with the larger multi-disciplined team to delivery high quality products and support.
- Provides support and assistance in reviewing, assessing, and complying with technical policies, standards, guidelines, or procedures established by the client.
- Provides continued maintenance and help desk support for legacy and modernized applications in compliance with client requirements and performance thresholds.
- Manages operation and maintenance (O&M) and production support for servers, databases, websites, and applications in production as directed by the client.
- Manages communications with end users in support of timely resolution of service incidents and service requests.
- Supports database administration in the design, allocation, and user access of data objects in accordance with end user information needs and views.
- Routinely performs server, system and platform maintenance, including installation of security patches and version upgrades.
- Provides surge support to meet operational emergency requirements to ensure uninterrupted access to existing federal services.
- Identifies and analyzes metrics in order to track process performance, monitor the use of the metrics, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborates with administrative staff and technical writers to define and document O&M policies and standard operating procedures for all relevant platforms, servers, and systems.
- Applies Agile/SCRUM methodologies and DevOps practices in the support of day-to-day operations and development of applications.
- Assists with the development, review, and update of charters, memorandums, and organizational charts to enable effective stakeholder communications.
- Develops and leads technical presentations to senior client leadership, the team, and other partner contract teams.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 5+ years of experience leading O&M efforts
- Active Secret Clearance
- Active PMP certification
- Active CSM or CSP certification
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification
- Demonstrated professional experience and proficiency in Oracle and SQL Server products
- Professional experience with web site management tools, including SharePoint
- Experience with server configuration and maintenance, including Microsoft and Linux servers
- Understanding of current regulatory requirements including federal standard security management practices and emerging trends within the field
- Experience in providing operational and technical support for security assessments
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in both oral and written form
- Ability to manage dynamic deadlines and adaptability to shifting priorities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate and collaborate with clients
- Demonstrated ability to conduct thorough needs analysis and implement solutions to drive business outcomes
- Attention to detail and maintaining proactive communication
- Ability to critically review feature requests and make alternate proposals as needed
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Experience working in the Federal Government
SkyePoint Decisions is an established ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 27001:2013 certified small business headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, with local offices across the Washington, DC, metropolitan area. SkyePoint Decisions has grown into a successful federal contractor by combining industry best practices with innovative solutions that consistently meet or exceed customer requirements. We understand and integrate our customers’ technology and mission requirements to successfully deliver high quality, cost effective services on time and on budget.
SkyePoint Decisions empowers a secure dynamic workforce. We leverage our technical competencies (cybersecurity, cloud services, application development, messaging, system & network optimization and more) to provide our customers’ operating environments with the security, flexibility, availability, and operational continuity required to enable today’s on-the-go federal workforce to securely complete any mission.
SkyePoint Decisions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top