- Durham, NC
SkyePoint Decisions is seeking a highly motivated team member to fill the role of Firewall Engineer. This individual will support the Environmental Protection Agency, operating and maintaining enterprise network security infrastructure devices. These systems include firewalls, intrusion detection systems, security appliances, and security management and monitoring equipment.
- Operate and maintain enterprise network security infrastructure devices, including firewalls intrusion detection systems, concentration on firewalls, and security management and monitoring equipment
- Designs and develops new systems, applications, and solutions for external customer's enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks
- Ensures system security needs are established and maintained for operations development, security requirements definition, security risk assessment, systems analysis, systems design, security test and evaluation, certification and accreditation, systems hardening, incident response support, disaster recovery and business continuity support; provides analytical support for security policy development and security analysis of new technologies
- Integrates new architectural features into existing infrastructures, designs cyber security architectural artifacts, provides architectural analysis of cyber security features and relates existing system to future needs and trends, provides security engineering recommendations, and resolves integration and testing issues
- May interface with external entities including law enforcement, intelligence and other government organizations and agencies
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
- Bachelors or equivalent in addition to 5 years related firewall experience (Required) or Masters in addition to 3 years related experience firewall (Required)
- Experience managing and operating enterprise-class firewall and/or intrusion detection/protection system
- Experience managing and operating Fortinet UTM devices
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Palo Alto Cisco ASA
SkyePoint Decisions is a leading Cybersecurity Architecture and Engineering, Critical Infrastructure and Operations, and Applications Development and Maintenance IT service provider headquartered in Dulles, Virginia with operations across the U.S. We provide innovative enterprise-wide solutions as well as targeted services addressing the complex challenges faced by our federal government clients. Our focus is on enabling our clients to most efficiently and effectively deliver their mission – anytime, anywhere, securely. We combine technical expertise, mission awareness, and an empowered workforce to produce meaningful results.
SkyePoint Decisions is an established ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified small business and appraised at CMMI Level 3 (with SAM) for Services. We possess a common vision of excellence and foster a collaborative team culture built upon individual performance and accountability. We invest in our people and systems to create value for our clients. It is the SkyePoint Way. We are grateful for the opportunity to work with exceptional people and give back to the communities we serve.
SkyePoint Decisions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top