- Washington, DC
Secret Clearance Required - Swing Shift 3pm - 11pm Tyesday-Saturday
SkyePoint Decisions, Inc. currently has an opening for a Firewall Administrator/Engineer to support a Department of State (DOS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program in Washington, DC. This program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security supporting the DOS in successfully carrying out its U.S. foreign policy mission. IRM provides enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktops, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications across the Department. The program is an IT consolidation consisting of the Department's servers, mainframes, network devices, network perimeter, anti-virus engineering, public key infrastructure (PKI)/biometrics/encryption, monitoring tools, telephony, mobile computing platform, virtual environment, and enclave design/security engineering.
This is a network management position that provides general engineering support to multiple firewall and perimeter security systems and devices. The well-qualified candidate will possess and apply comprehensive knowledge regarding perimeter security devices. The candidate must be capable of planning the testing, implementation, and maintenance of perimeter security technologies and devices. The candidate must be capable of evaluating performance results, performing risk assessments, and recommending changes affecting perimeter security configuration/implementations. This position may be supervisory. The position directly supports DOS on-site to provide perimeter security protection to over 80,000 customers globally.
- Builds, designs, tests and deploys perimeter security systems to include firewalls, proxy devices, and mail transport agents.
- Facilitates the Firewall Advisory Board for the review and approval of change request affecting the enterprise perimeter.
- Plans, documents, and implements hardware and software refresh and upgrade of perimeter devices.
- Conducts troubleshooting and analysis for fault identification and remediation on perimeter devices. Directs Tier 2 resources for system fault remediation.
- Directs compilation of records and reports concerning perimeter operations and maintenance to analyze the performance of perimeter security systems.
- Provides input to the problem management process, including assessing and evaluating software and hardware anomalies. Supports the root cause analysis efforts to determine problems and develop remediation activities. Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper support during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Manages the transition to operations of perimeter security devices.
- Collaborates with Cross-Bureaus and Agencies to implement network changes as it relates to perimeter security.
- Supports the configuration testing of replacement perimeter devices.
- Creates and maintains standard operating procedures and guides for new and/or existing perimeter hardware and software.
- Attends weekly teleconferences, onsite meetings, and participates in working groups, as related to constant changing security environment.
- Active Secret Clearance and ability to work Swing Shift: 3pm - 11pm Tuesday-Saturday
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science/computer engineering related discipline.
- 3-5 years IT network engineering support experience (Tier II, Tier III, network infrastructure implementation and maintenance).
- Subject matter expert in two or more of the following security devices: Palo Alto Firewalls, ForcePoint StoneSoft NGFW, A10 Network Proxy, Cisco IronPort ESA.
- Experience supporting the configuration and maintenance of Firewall/DMZ infrastructure including Network and Application Firewall Packet Filtering technologies (Stonegate, Security Appliances, Juniper).
- Firsthand experience in developing and providing quality assurance review of engineering change orders relating to the replacement or enhancement of perimeter security hardware and software.
- Experienced with performing root cause analysis, risk identification and risk mitigation.
- Expert knowledge in configuring Cisco switches.
- Experienced with network monitoring devices such as HP Openview, Nagios, Zenoss, NeuralStar or other similar monitoring tools.
- ITIL ® Foundation certification
- Certifications: StoneGate Firewall/VPN Architect Certification, StoneGate Management Client (SMC) Certification, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Network+, Security+
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs).
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral communications.
SkyePoint Decisions is an established ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 27001:2013 certified small business headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, with local offices across the Washington, DC, metropolitan area. SkyePoint Decisions has grown into a successful federal contractor by combining industry best practices with innovative solutions that consistently meet or exceed customer requirements. We understand and integrate our customers’ technology and mission requirements to successfully deliver high quality, cost effective services on time and on budget.
SkyePoint Decisions empowers a secure dynamic workforce. We leverage our technical competencies (cybersecurity, cloud services, application development, messaging, system & network optimization and more) to provide our customers’ operating environments with the security, flexibility, availability, and operational continuity required to enable today’s on-the-go federal workforce to securely complete any mission.
SkyePoint Decisions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top