- Washington, DC
SkyePoint Decisions, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated, team player to fill the role of Firewall Operations Administrator to support a Department of State (DOS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program. Secret clearance required for consideration.
This program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security supporting the DoS in successfully carrying out its U.S. foreign policy mission. IRM provides enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktops, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications across the Department. Program is named "Vanguard" and is an IT consolidation consisting of the Department's servers, mainframes, network devices, network perimeter, Anti-Virus engineering, public key infrastructure (PKI)/biometrics/encryption, monitoring tools, telephony, mobile computing platform, virtual environment, and enclave design/security engineering.
This is a professional level position within the Vanguard Service Management Office (SMO), providing general Tier 1 and 2 monitoring, configuration, and support to multiple firewall and perimeter security systems. The position directly supports DoS on-site to provide perimeter security protection to over 80,000 customers globally.
- Monitors, manages, and troubleshoots perimeter security devices to include: Palo Alto and StoneGate firewalls, A10 proxies, switches, and Cisco IronPort ESA.
- Records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance. Troubleshoots network performance issues. Analyzes network traffic.
- Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems.
- Monitors network infrastructures and performs troubleshooting as issues arise.
- Escalates issues as required to Tier 3 staff and monitors issues through the trouble life cycle.
- Monitors and manages the Remedy Firewall Operations Trouble Ticket queue. Resolves Remedy incidents and service requests.
- Collaborates with Cross-Bureaus and Agencies to implement network changes as they relate to perimeter security.
- Supports Diplomatic Security Computer Incident Response Team by implementing IP Address blocks as directed.
- Monitors and performs health checks on multiple perimeter security devices.
- Performs recurring device maintenance activities such as applying system patches and device reboots
- Routinely updates architecture diagrams using Visio
- Drafts, coordinates and publishes Outage Notifications as required.
- Troubleshoots perimeter security devices in conjunction with Tier 3 and vendor-provided support.
- Maintains standard operating procedures and guides.
- Bachelor degree in an IT-related field.
- Four years IT Customer Support experience (Tier 1 and Tier 2)
- First-hand experience with supporting the monitoring and configuration of Firewall/DMZ infrastructure including Network and Application Firewall Packet Filtering technologies (StoneGate, Palo Alto, Cisco Email Security Appliances (ESA), A10 proxy devices, Juniper).
- Basic Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008 implementation and troubleshooting from a security/firewall perspective.
- Basic knowledge in configuring Cisco switches.
- Basic TCP/IP network implementation and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience with Bluecoat SG Web Proxy.
- Intermediate Linux (Redhat, CentOS) CLI experience.
- Basic knowledge configuring CISCO networking devices.
- Practical first-hand experience with tailoring Nagios network monitoring tool using Pearl scripting.
- Familiarity with NeuralStar monitoring tool.
- ITIL ® Foundation certification.
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs) preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral communications.
SkyePoint Decisions is an established ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 27001:2013 certified small business headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, with local offices across the Washington, DC, metropolitan area. SkyePoint Decisions has grown into a successful federal contractor by combining industry best practices with innovative solutions that consistently meet or exceed customer requirements. We understand and integrate our customers’ technology and mission requirements to successfully deliver high quality, cost effective services on time and on budget.
SkyePoint Decisions empowers a secure dynamic workforce. We leverage our technical competencies (cybersecurity, cloud services, application development, messaging, system & network optimization and more) to provide our customers’ operating environments with the security, flexibility, availability, and operational continuity required to enable today’s on-the-go federal workforce to securely complete any mission.
SkyePoint Decisions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top