- Washington, DC
We have a contingent opportunity for an Enterprise Architect (EA) to join our talented team in support of a federal client in Washington, DC. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the Program Manager in the development and execution of the federal client’s enterprise architecture program spanning digital transformation, application development, operations and maintenance, and broadcast engineering.
- Provides support to the Project Manager and client in the documentation and assessment of current state enterprise architecture and provide recommendations for modernization efforts for future state digital transformation.
- Leads enterprise data architecture efforts for technology roadmap development, tracking, and alignment to organizational strategic objectives and risks.
- Leads data architecture and integration efforts related to managing critical aspects of the development, production, and deployment of capabilities.
- Responsible for analyzing, identifying, and recommending advanced technologies relevant to the applications and services within the enterprise architecture that result in cost savings and return on investment.
- Reviews and analyzes current technology infrastructure and its ability to support strategic objectives, draws conclusions, and communicates findings across technical and non-technical team members.
- Works collaboratively with Government teams to lead standardization and implementation of EA processes and best practices across the organization.
- Participates in the development of processes to ensure client objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately, and existing systems architecture and technology portfolio is documented to ensure accuracy is maintained.
- Ensures best practices delivery of the overall and strategic design, development, testing and implementation of agency information solutions by supporting data architecture and integration efforts related to defining, developing, and delivering capabilities.
- Provides oversight and support for Authority to Operate (ATO) certification and maintenance activities throughout the project lifecycle.
- Supports development of business case and high-level program implementation plans to translate business issues and opportunities into technical solutions.
- Prepares architectural models and establishes baselines and benchmarks to support IT development, maintenance, and sustainment efforts.
- Leverages industry standards to support solution decisions in relation to reliability, scalability, security, and integration for the enterprise based on client direction.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to government and contractor project teams to ensure collaboration, consistency, quality, and timeliness of solutions and adherence to governance principles, policies and procedures, in alignment with Federal guidance.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Information Science, Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Management Science, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in IT systems, with 3+ years leading EA efforts
- Active Secret Clearance
- Active TOGAF, FEAF, or Zachman certification
- Experience in end to end architecture of application ecosystems, including integration
- Experience working in major transformation efforts involving significant technology modernization initiatives
- Demonstrated professional experience and proficiency in DevOps
- Experience implementing cloud data platform technologies (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate and collaborate with clients and across multi-disciplined teams
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in both oral and written form
- Attention to detail and maintaining proactive communication
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in the Federal Government
SkyePoint Decisions is an established ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 27001:2013 certified small business headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, with local offices across the Washington, DC, metropolitan area. SkyePoint Decisions has grown into a successful federal contractor by combining industry best practices with innovative solutions that consistently meet or exceed customer requirements. We understand and integrate our customers’ technology and mission requirements to successfully deliver high quality, cost effective services on time and on budget.
SkyePoint Decisions empowers a secure dynamic workforce. We leverage our technical competencies (cybersecurity, cloud services, application development, messaging, system & network optimization and more) to provide our customers’ operating environments with the security, flexibility, availability, and operational continuity required to enable today’s on-the-go federal workforce to securely complete any mission.
SkyePoint Decisions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top