Sr. Product Manager, Risk & Fraud
- Portland, OR
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For:
Powering Esports for Everyone, is the core vision of Skillz. As we are expanding globally, providing safe and secure gaming experience to our players is at the top of our goals. We are seeking a seasoned Technical Product Management leader who will own and drive our risk and fraud strategies. Your work in this role will make Esports safer for hundreds of millions of players worldwide.
In this role, you will define the roadmap, build fraud prevention strategies leveraging big data, machine learning and complex fraud detection algorithms to stop fraudsters in their tracks.
What You Will Do:
- Own the way forward for risk and fraud prevention strategies.
- Work with a cross-functional team of engineers & data scientists to identify, analyze and prevent fraudulent activities and behavior across the globe.
- Apply a data-driven analytical approach to spot emerging MOs and work with the team to mitigate the same.
- Create and present PRDs / roadmaps to senior leadership.
- Collaborate with our Trust & Safety, Payments & Revenue teams to define OKRs and own the results.
- Work alongside teammates who care about building great products as much as you do.
- Be a one-stop consultant for cross-functional teams consisting of (but not limited to) Engineering, Design, PMO, Business, Legal, Finance and so on.
- Min of 5+ years of relevant work in technical product management, owning and driving end-to-end product requirements across multiple technology teams.
- Experience in payments or retail or financial services industry as technical product manager.
- Passion for technology, willingness to dive deep into the technical products, and commitment to learning and expanding technical knowledge.
- Experience partnering with Data Scientists and/or Machine learning engineers.
- An understanding of large-scale systems and service-oriented architecture.
- Fraud, Risk, Payments, Identity/Account protection background.
- Machine learning product management experience .
- Ability to lead, drive consensus and deliver in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly and convincingly to a wide range of audiences., manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Drive end-to-end integration with partner teams.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing large datasets and developing dashboards to derive insights. Comfortable with SQL or a programming language.
- Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, opinionated team.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (advanced technical degree preferred)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to respond to feedback and implement ideas in a changing environment.
- Put the team before self.
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top