Senior Security Engineer
- Portland, OR
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
- Collaborate with teams across Skillz to ensure security best practices are leveraged as we roll out new features and expand our platform offerings.
- Define and drive secure SDLC include: security best practices, security architecture, design/code reviews, threat modeling, security tools, penetration testing, incident response.
- Proactively research new attack vectors that may affect Skillz services.
- Research, prototype, integrate security tools into CI/CD pipeline, include: container security, static, dynamic, application scanning, third party vulnerability scanning, etc.
- Build automation and detection models to support identification of anomalous activity and response activities to mitigate insider and external threats at scale.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity or related field or relevant experience.
- 5+ years of recent experience in a security focused engineering role within a large scale, cloud facing company.
- Experience in SaaS security models, cloud security architecture and cloud infrastructure.
- Understand security challenges in large-scale systems and service architectures.
- Excellent communication skills and strong ability to clearly articulate security content and risks, and mitigation.
- In-depth cloud infrastructure security to cover both the control and service planes.
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status
Back to top