Senior Product Manager, Hardware
- San Francisco, CA
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who we're looking for:
Our product development team sets the vision for Skillz. Skillz is a mobile social gaming platform where players compete for real world prizes by playing their favorite mobile games. Skillz has enabled hundreds of games to add competitive dynamics for real world prizes to create entirely new play experiences, opportunities for monetization and a new way to make e-sports more inclusive for everyone. Skillz is looking to use hardware to enhance the competitive gaming experience. Compete in a virtual marathon with runners around the world wearing a Skillz band. Face off against cyclists in your neighborhood using a Skillz pedometer that measures your wattage and compares it to users worldwide. Build a new mobile controller for AAA mobile competitive gaming!
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with our business teams and developer partners to help build new HW product to enhance the Skillz experience
- Create wireframes, write specifications and present recommendations for new features in our ever evolving platform
- Work with hardware OEMs on creating prototypes and taking them to market
- Perform analysis to optimize feature performance and propose product rollout plans to deliver improvements to our web products
- Oversee the research, data gathering and studies required to produce thoughtful product evolutions
- Maintain processes to ensure documentation, reports and plans are accurate and complete
- Work alongside teammates who care about building great products as much as you do
- 6+ years of experience in product management, product development, management consulting, or similar field
- 2+ years of experience in developing consumer hardware products
- Degree in engineering, computer science, or other quantitative field
- Ability to approach complex problems and transform them into simple and elegant solutions
- Understanding of data analysis and using testing methods to inform decisions
- Strong communication skills and comfortable liaising between technical and non-technical partners
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to respond to feedback and implement ideas in a changing environment.
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top