We are looking for talented Senior or Lead Engineers to join our Client Applications Engineering Organization. This team is responsible for the experiences used by our platform’s developers, consumers and internal teams. Your work will have immediate impact at scale. As a Sr. Full Stack Engineer you will partner with product and design to deliver best in class experiences that empower our platform’s developers and delight our players.
What You Will Do:
- Own new features from planning to deployment using React, Node.js, Typescript, and/or Ruby-on-Rails
- Bring our customer experiences to the next level by staying up-to-date on the latest technologies
- Participate in technology and architecture design decisions
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and other engineers to design, plan, prototype and implement new and exciting features
- Mentor more junior engineers and be responsible for the technical direction for your domain.
- 7+ years experience with software development
- 5+ years experience with full-stack web development
- Proficient with Node.js, Java, Ruby-on-Rails, or other backend API frameworks
- Experience with Relational and/or NoSQL databases
- A Collaborative and growth mindset
- Ownership mentality and strong work ethic
- Strong opinions, loosely held
- Experience with AWS (EC2, RDS, CloudWatch, Lambda)
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with automation testing frameworks like Cypress or Selenium
- Knowledge of frontend tools like Webpack, Babel, NextJS
- Knowledge of client architecture patterns such as SPA, Micro-frontend, and import map-based
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.