Senior Full Stack Engineer
- Portland, OR
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
Skillz is pioneering the competitive mobile gaming experience, leveraging its patented technology to power over two billion esports tournaments a year. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports leagues and franchises.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and team members to design, plan, prototype and implement new and exciting features
- Own new features from planning to deployment using Ruby on Rails, TypeScript and ReactJS
- Participate in and advance our agile environment through sprint planning, scrums and retrospective meetings
- Work with the team for constant improvement in our code base and system performance.
- Troubleshoot and fix production issues
- Participate in technology and architecture design decisions
- Maintain software engineering best practices such as code standards
- 4+ year of software development experience
- Experience using or creating RESTful APIs
- Experience with MySQL or other RDBMS
- Experience with AWS (EC2, RDS, CloudWatch, Lambda) is a plus
- Experience with ReactJS is a plus
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top