Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What you'll do
You will support the VP Finance and work cross-functionally to support investor relations and corporate development activities across the organization.
- Lead board and earnings materials preparation
- Lead identification and review of acquisition and strategic investments
- Strong financial modeling and corporate finance skills, and knowledge of valuation methodologies.
- Broad understanding of the capital markets and ability to interpret trends.
- Deep knowledge of accounting concepts and SEC disclosure requirements.
- Strong written communication skills, with the ability to create clear and engaging investor communications, presentations, and responses.
- Strong presentation skills and confidence speaking in public forums.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, collaborative environment.
- BS/BA degree required – candidates with an MBA preferred.
- 4 to 6 years of experience including in management consulting and/or investment banking.
- Ability to quickly understand complex issues and develop/apply simplifying frameworks to facilitate broader organizational understanding, decision-making and action.
- Proficient at leveraging analytics, data, financial models and insights to drive decision-making.
- Outcome oriented with very strong ability to personally create high quality, customer-facing presentations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills; able to effectively manage multiple ongoing projects to meet deadlines.
- Experience with internet and/or video gaming industry preferred but not required.