Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators, San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the creation and execution of video ads for mobile apps
- Develops and implements unique, creative and innovative concepts and design
- Delivers client branding, experience and messaging across all digital properties –mobile
apps marketing, digital brands, online communications and rich media ads.
- Demonstrates consistent ability to monitor own work product, eliminating errors before
advancing to review by others, as well as careful attention to the work of others
throughout the design process, to eliminate errors prior to completion
- Responsible for aligning creative designs with client strategy
- Assists Team Leads in supervising the team
- Degree in Multimedia Arts or equivalent course required.
- At least 2 years work experience, preferably in a design-related field
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite: Premiere, After Effects, etc.
- Interactive, Web, Mobile Design background is a big plus
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Filipino
- Enthusiastic spirit and willingness to learn and grow
- Mac and Windows platform proficiency
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, well-organized, able to manage multiple projects
simultaneously and able to thrive in deadline-driven environment
- MUST have a demo reel or portfolio to present