Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For:
As a Lead Producer, you will be leading a cross-functional team to strategically guide user acquisition, marketing, live ops, analysis and overall game quality for all new game launches within the Publishing Program. Your core mission will be to launch new hits on the platform and scale them to a level where they provide meaningful revenue contributions to the business. You will be responsible for the team’s day-to-day efforts to prepare games for launch, scale the game’s DAU, monitor core UA and game performance KPIs, and strategize on the most effective ways to scale the game to new players.
What You Will Do:
- Lead strategy planning on the initial launch, UA and monitoring of all new published titles on the platform
- Actively monitor game performance and overall health of all new and existing published titles
- Proactively communicate timelines and performance to internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate user acquisition spend and overall strategy to efficiently acquire new paying users
- Drive live operations and experimentation plans to improve core KPIs in order to achieve defined benchmarks for success
- Monitor player comms to build and retain a vibrant player community
- Coordinate with the game’s external developer to deliver world-class content and bug-free game updates that positively impact core KPIs
- Utilize analytics resources to understand KPI trends and adjust plans as needed to ensure success
- 5+ years of experience developing, launching and live servicing mobile games
- Deep familiarity with mobile game KPIs and general mobile market trends
- Experience overseeing live ops, analytics and UA for mobile game launches and ongoing support
- A mindset that is highly analytical, detail oriented, quality driven, and proactive
- Can-do attitude, ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and continuously prioritize the team's efforts to meet shifting needs
- The ability to change and optimize processes in order to more effectively launch new titles and align cross-discipline stakeholders on overall strategies
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top