Head of Revenue Strategy & Insights
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who We’re Looking For:
Skillz is looking for an experienced strategic and data-driven leader to build and grow a revenue analytics and insights team that will own the data to drive revenue optimization optimize revenue for the company. This person will have an opportunity to develop this function from the ground up with a wide ranging remit and opportunity to make a big impact driving business intelligence and insights across critical revenue functions.
Reporting to the Global Head of Business Development and a critical member of the Revenue team, you will own all aspects of our revenue analytics functions, from data requirements definition to trend analysis and insights reporting, along with recommendations and cross-functional implementation plans to drive further growth and/or mitigate revenue shortfalls.
Additionally, and as we go into the new year a public company, our opportunity to drive new revenue opportunities with 3rd party partners and a growing marketplace of developer partners becomes significant. Similarly, you will own all aspects of 3rd party partner reporting and insights gathering and recommendations, inclusive of data needs to support partner business goals. .
You will build and coach a team of business intelligence leaders, and you and your team will be a critical cross-functional partner, working closely with key leaders and stakeholders including your Revenue org counterparts, FP&A, Marketing, Game Publishing and Product, and you will be a key partner to executive management.
What You Will Do:
- Define and manage a structured approach for revenue reporting, analysis, insights gathering, and communication
- Determine the team functional and skillset needs and develop a hiring plan to achieve your goals
- Develop and/or refine revenue organization dashboards and own the creation of a revenue reporting and insights templates, processes, and implementation plans - packaging strategic and analytical insights into clear, concise, and executive ready communications
- Partner with FP&A to define and track, and then own reporting on, KPIs for revenue growth, developing a framework and structure to investigate revenue issues / shortfalls / risks (including competitive) and working cross-functionally to resolve those issues with high urgency based on business impact
- Develop a strategy and implementation plan to identify opportunities to drive incremental revenue (i.e. where should we step on the gas), constantly evaluate areas of revenue shortfall, and rapidly design solutions to improve the gap, inclusive of product and/or marketing opportunities.
- You will have your finger on the pulse of the competitive landscape, with a constant view on not only current opportunities and issues but also future recommendations, to optimize the player experience and drive revenue growth.
- Define a 3rd Party Partner activation structure, and similarly develop an approach to track and manage performance and deliver insights and action plans to internal and external stakeholders, our partnerships are driving their greatest value.
- Be an owner to ensure we are constantly learning and optimizing across teams and extrapolating learnings to other initiatives while managing a process of implementation to ensure recommendations are implemented and as necessary, step in to support implementation
- BS / BA degree, quantitative or technical degree preferred
- MBA preferred
- 8-10 years of experience with a mix of business intelligence, analytics, strategy and operating roles
- Experience in a leading management consulting firm, investment bank, or other highly quantitative function required, , with work within technology, entertainment, and/or media companies strongly preferred
- Superior analytical capabilities with a unique ability to extract insights from data and connect dots to drive business value
- Best in class communication across all mediums and across different org levels and stakeholders
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top