Head of Revenue Analytics & Insights
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
Skillz is pioneering the competitive mobile gaming experience, leveraging its patented technology to power over two billion esports tournaments a year. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports leagues and franchises.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who we’re looking for:
Revenue Operations is a mindset, an approach to managing a live game and its player base to drive ongoing user engagement, retention, and satisfaction through innovative live operations (events, leagues, discounts, etc.). As the Head of Rev Ops at Skillz, you will develop a program to create money-can’t-buy experiences and forever customers across the Skillz mobile gaming platform.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a world-class Live Ops team and program designed to drive heightened monetization and deep retention of mobile gaming players across the network of game environments on the Skillz platform
- Manage a Player Comms marketing team to segment players and make targeted communications or offers appropriate for each segment
- Design special in-game and system-wide live events to stimulate engagement of active and lapsed players
- Collect and analyze game data to provide insight into how to optimize Skillz games
- Partner with Product Development team to develop new tools and features to enable next generation Live Ops for both Skillz staff and our developer partners
- Develop KPIs and reporting to regularly monitor the progress and efficacy of the program
- Drive the company’s long term plan for recurring and engaging platform content, ensuring our system continues to surprise and delight
- Work alongside teammates in Player Relations who care about creating money-can’t-buy experiences for forever customers as much as you do
- 7+ years experience in product management, analytics, consulting, live ops, or related field
- 4+ years of direct people management
- 2+ years experience in gaming; mobile preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication skills, analytical ability, and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to respond to feedback and implement ideas in a changing environment
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status..
Back to top