Head of Performance, New Content Activation
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who we’re looking for:
As Head of Performance, New Content Activation, you will be in charge of acquiring new users into New Content, which means you will have a large direct impact on overall Skillz growth. You will be part of the core management team reporting to the Head of UA, and responsible for identifying and scaling titles. We’ve scaled our business, your key challenge will be expanding our world-class team and bridging the gap between Performance Marketing, Product Marketing, Game Design, and Go-to-Market. You’ll grow our team of media buyers and creatives along with expanding our performance management tactics to maintain and improve on a highly performant team. You are entrepreneurial, operationally minded, and can weave process and creativity together to deploy and scale performance across a team of individual contributors and managers.
- Recruit, manage, and retain a high performing Performance Marketing, Brand Marketing, and Creative team
- Identify and scale New Content within LTV/CAC targets
- Develop Skillz into a reputable large scale publisher with platform capabilities
- Set and meet Key Performance Indicators and Objectives and Key Results with the Skillz executive team
- Develop and maintain cross-functional relationships and best practices to ensure full-funnel optimality
- Negotiate critical contract terms and act as an escalation point to partners
- Identify, evaluate and select appropriate tools and software to enhance and automate marketing processes
- 10+ years of direct-to-consumer digital advertising experience
- 4+ years of total professional experience in mobile advertising
- 2+ years of total professional experience in gaming
- Experience building out teams of 20+ individual contributors and managers
- Experience bridging the gap between performance marketing and product marketing
- BA or Advanced degree from leading institution preferred
- Track record of meeting and exceeding individual and team goals
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, and communication skills
- Highly proficient in Tableau, Powerpoint, Excel, and Mobile Tracking
Personal Attributes and Values
- Self-confident, self-motivated, self-driven leader who will speak up and does not succumb to groupthink. Comfortable weighing in or articulating a contrarian point of view in a collaborative setting. Embraces healthy conflict based on a foundation of trust in order to reach the best possible outcomes. Capable of handling difficult conversations, does not defer them unduly, and can teach others how to do the same.
- Strong value-based approach to marketing investment and departmental planning.
- Pragmatic visionary who not only dreams but executes on transformational ideas.
- World-class communicator who leads by example and inspires teams at all levels of the organization.
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top