Head of Investor Relations and Capital Markets
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What you'll do
The Head of Investor Relations and Capital Markets will be a partner and adviser to the senior leadership team of Skillz, as well as a primary spokesperson for the financial community.
He/she will be responsible for creating and maintaining a world class IR program, and building strong relationships with key institutional investors and sell-side research analysts. He/she will also be responsible for monitoring movements, trends and developments in the broader capital markets, and providing expert counsel to the executive team on how these relate to Skillz.
This role is a core member of the finance leadership team at Skillz and reports directly to the CFO.
- Develop and maintain an overall IR strategy that prioritizes clear and effective communications with institutional investors and sell-side analysts.
- Build lasting relationships with existing and prospective institutional investors and sell-side analysts.
- Assist in the development of external messaging relating to company strategy, earnings announcements, and other events.
- Oversee the quarterly earnings process, including all materials and related activities.
- Manage ongoing investor and analyst activities, including earnings announcements, investor and industry conferences, investor bus tours, non-deal roadshows and other events.
- Monitor movements and trends in the equity and debt capital markets, as well as investor sentiment. Provide expert counsel to the executive team on how these dynamics may affect Skillz.
- Monitor the competitive landscape to provide competitive intelligence and insights to the executive team.
- Act as a spokesperson for the company at investor and industry conferences.
- Provide regular updates to the board of directors and executive team on investor activity, stock performance and trading patterns, and peer company performance.
- Track and analyze sell-side analyst models and consensus estimates.
- Maintain the company’s investor relations website.
- Be a close partner to colleagues in the Finance, Accounting, Communications and Legal teams.
- Strong financial modeling and corporate finance skills, and knowledge of valuation methodologies.
- Broad understanding of the capital markets and ability to interpret trends.
- Deep knowledge of accounting concepts and SEC disclosure requirements.
- Strong written communication skills, with the ability to create clear and engaging investor communications, presentations, and responses.
- Strong presentation skills and confidence speaking in public forums.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a relevant technical field. MBA or other advanced graduate degree strongly preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in an investor relations role, or in sell-side or buy-side equity research.
- Technology industry experience, and experience in fast-paced environments, is desired.
Back to top