Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What you'll do:
- You will be responsible for leading a team of top-talent engineers
- Hire, retain, and develop the careers of the engineers on your team
- Coach and motivate your team to ensure high productivity and teamwork, and help each individual achieve their potential
- Effectively collaborate with the different stakeholders i.e. product management, engineering management, legal and executives to ensure security best practices
- Develop and strengthen risk and compliance programs by identifying critical compliance issues, writing and reviewing policies and procedures, advising on appropriate compliance processes and controls, developing mitigating controls, and monitoring incident reporting.
- Clearly communicate with upper management any risk areas; come up with risk mitigation plans
- Develop metrics to measure the compliance program
- Define roadmaps and necessary capabilities for future compliance needs
- Assist in adjusting existing relevant policies to align company objectives with compliance needs
- Interface with other internal teams to prioritize features and functionality based on the resources available and business priorities
- Support audit efforts related to information security.
- Proactively research new attack vectors that may affect Skillz services.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity or related relevant experience in security and/or compliance focused engineering roles within a large scale, cloud facing company
- 3+ years of experience managing and growing a high-performing engineering team
- Excellent people management skills - communication, teamwork, and leadership
- Previous experience with one or more compliance frameworks PCI, SOC 1, 2 in a publicly traded company
- Ability to work in a fast-paced tech environment, managing multiple large scale projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate clearly to various levels of management (including executive management), across various business functions (including engineering)
- Experience of performing or leading technical assessment to support compliance efforts
- A strong understanding of cloud environments
- Strong knowledge of industry processes and regulations
- Experience in SaaS security models, cloud security architecture and cloud infrastructure
- Understand security challenges in large-scale systems and service architectures
- PCI QSA, PCI ISA, PCIP, CISSP, CCSP certifications - advantage
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status