Full Stack Engineer
- Portland, OR
We are looking for an engineer to join our awesome Web Services team. As a Full Stack Engineer, you’ll help build our next generation web applications for internal teams and/or external customers. We are constantly evolving our technology stack and want your contribution. Come join the Web Services team!
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and other engineers to design, plan, prototype and implement new and exciting features
- Own new features from planning to deployment using Ruby on Rails, TypeScript and ReactJS
- Bring our web applications to the next level by staying up-to-date on the latest technologies
- Participate in technology and architecture design decisions
- 4+ year experience with software development
- 2+ year experience with full-stack web development
- Proficient with Ruby on Rails, or other backend API frameworks
- Experience with MySQL or other RDBMS
- Experience with AWS (EC2, RDS, CloudWatch, Lambda)
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with end to end automation frameworks like Cypress and Selenium
- Knowledge of frontend tools like Webpack and Babel
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 12 paid holidays + 3 days between Christmas and New Years
- 15 days paid vacation, plus additional days based on tenure, up to 20 days.
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave (12 weeks) and fertility benefits
- Well-being programs (meditation, online fitness membership etc)
- 401(K) plans with employer match
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Back to top