Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $77 billion in 2020 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a proven Copywriter to join our in-house creative advertising team. Your main role will be to tell compelling and effective advertising stories that meet our performance goals. As such, you should excel at using data as your north star and have an endless passion for storytelling.
What You’ll Do:
- Storytelling: Define and develop the advertising story structure of 1+ game
- Craft: Develop inspiring scripts and treatments and write tight, provocative headlines
- Team: Work closely with a Creative Lead to ideate and execute all given briefs
- Science: Collaborate with key stakeholders to leverage data and consistently produce successful campaigns
- Trendsetting: Stay on top of culture/trends and actively keep pace with channel best-practices across brand and performance marketing
- 5+ years of relevant advertising experience in an agency or in-house
- 2+ years of performance marketing experience
- 2+ years of video ad and motion experience
- Experience working with creative leads to tackle campaign concept development
- A passionate storyteller who believes that great stories change hearts and minds
- An obsessive lover of words with an understanding of how language impacts the world
- BA or advanced degree from leading institution preferred
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top