- Portland, OR
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What you'll do:
- Master the entire application life-cycle including research, design, development, testing, along with continuous deployment and delivery
- Develop complex, highly available, distributed, cloud-based solutions, and maintain its high level of quality software
- Add exciting new features to our world-class platform enabling competitions, tournaments and social features for players, spectators and streamers around the world
- Collaborate with teammates who care about building great products as much as you do
- Have the ability to work in a dynamic agile development environment, as members of the team play a role in the entire life cycle of development
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages such as Java, Golang, or C++
- Experience with cloud-based datastore technologies such as RDS, Redis, DynamoDB, and ElasticSearch including design and optimization
- Experience working with one or more: Docker, Kubernetes, public clouds (i.e. AWS, GCP), Spring Boot, Microservices, CI/CD technologies, distributed systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot, debug, and solve the complex problems that distributed, scalable systems introduce
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top