Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
Skillz is pioneering the competitive mobile gaming experience, leveraging its patented technology to power over two billion esports tournaments a year. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports leagues and franchises.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who we’re looking for:
You have a passion for working with indie developers, and are looking to bring revolutionary change to the games industry - making every mobile game an esport. You will be responsible for our most important business vertical: independent game developers who are driving the forefront of game innovation. You will be part of the Inside sales team, reporting to the VP of Sales. You are a strong advocate for developers, are well versed with game development cycles and needs, and carry an entrepreneurial drive. You have a strong track record of delivering results month over month, quarter over quarter.
- Your key objective is to prospect and sign new mobile game developers onto the Skillz platform
- Be adept at helping developers navigate the integration process onto the Skillz platform
- Develop meaningful relationships with decision makers and influencers within the games industry
- Be effective at presenting, objection handling, and offering solutions
- Become an expert with the Skillz platform, mobile gaming at large, how the two interplay and how Skillz enhances gaming for players and game developers
- Communicate effectively with prospects via phone, email and in-person
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals
- 2-4 years professional experience in sales, ideally for a technology company
- Preference for backgrounds in Game Services: Monetization, Advertising, Analytics, Platform, Game Engine, Business Intelligence, SDK, Rewards
- Track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- Highly proficient in Salesforce, Powerpoint and Excel
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top