Director of Community
About Us – Please allow us to introduce ourselves
Sir Kensington's makes condiments with character. We reimagine ordinary and overlooked food with fearless integrity and charm. Beginning in 2010, we realized that while food was evolving, condiments weren't. So, we decided to make them better, starting with ketchup. Since then, we launched mayonnaise, mustard, and Fabanaise, and gained a cult following. Now, you can find our condiments in hundreds of leading restaurants, thousands of leading retailers, and millions of meal kit boxes across the country. But we're just getting started. We aim to be America's leading natural condiment brand, and we need your help.
In April of 2017, Sir Kensington’s joined Unilever, the leading progressive global consumer products company. With them, we're part of a family of global brands helping to define the future of good food and good business. With access to Unilever's resources and expertise, we will continue to operate independently from our SoHo headquarters.
About the Role –When you aren’t eating this is what you will do…
In Marketing, our objectives are to drive brand and revenue growth. One way will do this is making Sir Kensington’s famous by hacking pop culture in meaningful and unpredictable ways. We are determined to punch well above our weight and to catapult the brand forward with our unique blend of integrity and charm. Your success means that we are on the tip of the collective tongue, always in the air, at the center of the conversations that matter—in food and well beyond.
This role pioneers, develops and leads the owned and earned platforms at Sir Kensington’s. We call this the Content Engine. The task for you is not to develop the content, but rather run a set of well oiled, high-functioning, community-centric assets for the brand, centered around an editorial calendar and fresh brand voice. Campaign strategy and planning deliver a brief to our internal and/or external agencies. Those agencies’ assets are delivered to you for amplification across channels, as tools in campaign implementation.
This role is based in New York City.
The Director of Community will be responsible for 4 key areas:
» Know the Community: Lead research, build personas, dig into our archives and become an expert at our consumer and consumer journey—the Evolved Eater, Kensington Character, Tastebuds (we’ll explain)
» Strengthen the Platform: Lead, maintain and grow all the brand’s owned media properties; social channels, new media channels, website, blog, email, third-party brand pages, etc.
» Lead the Conversation: Drive engagement and affinity across social, loyalty and care
» Grow the Community: Drive ambitious growth goals for followership, sign-ups, engagement and traffic..
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
● Align with campaign marketing, e-commerce and sales teams to execute all on- and off-line community activities
● Collaborate with and/or manage agency partners
● Adapt creative assets to all owned marketing channels
● Manage editorial calendar across all owned marketing channels
● Understand and leverage consumer insights to provide creative solutions and activation ideas that bridge PR, social media, and e-commerce to maximize consumer engagement
● Source and vet up-and-coming social media tools, platforms, events, to maximize the brand’s social media/digital footprint
● Identify new and emerging brands and influential individuals for campaigns integration
● Utilize insights and tools to measure efforts in accordance to KPIs and campaign objectives
● Leverage data and benchmarks to provide strategic recommendations
● 8-10 years of social and digital experience; food and/or entertainment industry experience a plus
● Proven experience in creating and executing successful consumer-driven marketing
programs with a proven track record of executing communication strategies and tracking results
● Must be very sharp on current trending influential individuals/brands and pop culture
● Adept in creative problem-solving, extremely resourceful and proactive
● Team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
● Strong planning, project management, and organizational skills
● Excellent writing, presentation and communications skills
● Must be creative and very passionate about the food/entertainment industry
● Should be self-motivated and demonstrate an ability to work autonomously, taking the lead on projects and anticipating the needs of the team
● BS/BA in Communications or Marketing preferred
About You – Necessary ingredients
You are first and foremost entrepreneurial in nature. This job should feel more like a newsroom than managing likes and comments. So you are curious, tenacious, creative yet results-driven. You most likely come from the food world but if not, we’d love to hear about your applicable success. It is pretty likely you will have spent considerable time in social, digital or media—brand or agency side. You are a rabid trend-chaser, meme lover and know how to leverage today’s pop culture to build a lasting relevant position for this brand.
The Special Sauce – Figuratively speaking (though we also make special sauce)
If you're looking for an entrepreneurial, fast-paced startup environment, you'll thrive at Sir Kensington's. But there's more to it than that. If you’re naturally curious and seek to contribute at a purpose-driven food company, you'll feel at home here. We extend Sir Kensington's ethos of "integrity and charm" into the way we work.
● Opportunity to contribute at a fast growing and entrepreneurial company
● All the condiments (with character) you can eat
● A supportive environment which values profession development, personal responsibility, and candor
● Benefits include health insurance, 401(k), restaurant stipend, unlimited snacks, and more
Equal Opportunity Employment
As Sir Kensington’s first value states, our secret ingredient is people. We seek to recruit and include people with a diversity of abilities, backgrounds, and cultures to better serve our diverse community of customers.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Sir Kensington's offers and encourages all applicants to provide personal information through this survey so that we may better serve our employees, customers, community, and comply with federal law. Completion of this data is voluntary and will not affect your terms or conditions of employment.
To apply for this job, please apply at: https://unilever.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobdetail.ftl?job=18000DU6&lang=en&src=JB-10700
Back to top