Service Director: Channel Sales Strategies
SiriusDecisions is the world's leading source for business-to-business (b-to-b) sales, marketing and product alignment-related research, best practices, frameworks, tools and data. To strengthen our team, we are looking for a service director to spearhead our Channel Sales Strategies (CSS) advisory service.
The service director, CSS is responsible for managing and growing an advisory service that addresses the needs of the channel sales leader within a b-to-b sales organization. CSS helps channel sales leaders better align with their direct sales, marketing and product management counterparts; shows how to evolve their organizations from a cultural, structural, productivity and capability standpoint; and shares how their investments and performance compare with those of peers and best-in-class companies.
- Service development/oversight. Owns the revenue target and sets the vision for the CSS service, including key research coverage areas, data gathering/benchmark initiatives, multi-client study creation and event/Webcast content development.
- Team management. Oversees the team of CSS analysts, including day-to-day management, career development and performance evaluation.
- Analyst work. Interacts directly with clients (in-person, telephone) to review research findings and discuss business-related problems/issues.
- Research generation. Participates in the conceptualization and writing of key research deliverables, including research briefs, presentations, Core Strategy Reports and Select Practices.
- Data gathering. Works with a wide variety of b-to-b organizations to gather key channel sales data using existing and new benchmarking approaches.
- Marketing and sales content creation. Assists in the writing and curation of marketing and sales content in persona vernacular (e.g. campaigns, sales presentations, playbooks, case studies, blog posts and sales training materials).
- Sales support. Work with SiriusDecisions sales team to cultivate their knowledge of the channel sales leader persona; train, role play and work with sales to craft emails and pitches, as well as attend telephone-based and in-person meetings to assist the salesperson as needed.
- Other client-facing activities. Assists on ad hoc consulting projects as needed (e.g. benchmarking, sales assessments).
Desired skills and experience
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience as a head of channel sales for a b-to-b organization (we focus exclusively on the b-to-b marketplace), preferably with a multi-partner type program (e.g. value-added resellers, distributors, OEM relationships)
- International experience a plus
- Strong executive experience and presence; this position requires building relationships with the world’s top b-to-b channel sales executives
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- Experience in some or all of the following areas: Channel sales management and planning at a global or regional level, channel sales organizational structure, change management, channel sales budgeting, channel sales productivity, channel sales analytics
- Customer-facing skills (strong presenter, comfortable with executive-level audience, able to identify issues/needs through effective questioning)
If interested, please forward your resume below.
SiriusDecisions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity. SiriusDecisions helps business-to-business companies worldwide improve sales and marketing effectiveness. Management teams make more informed business decisions through access to our industry analysts, best practice.
Back to top