Senior Events Manager
Senior Events Manager
SiriusDecisions is the leading global b-to-b research and advisory firm. We deliver the actionable intelligence, transformative frameworks and expert guidance that equip executives to modernize and elevate sales, marketing and product performance. To further strengthen our expanding events team, we are looking for a Senior Events Manager to continue to make SiriusEvents the best experience possible for our 5,000+ attendees from all over the world.
The Senior Events Manager supports the execution of all events, including the flagship US Summit, and serves as lead planner for the Technology Exchange program. Reporting to the Senior Director of Events, this exciting role helps to ensure the smooth coordination and flawless execution of 4+ conferences per year and gets to drive the logistics, budget management and marketing for the second largest event in the SiriusEvents portfolio.
What Would You Be Doing?
In designing and developing these corporate events, you will spearhead the sourcing and outreach efforts, contact and secure vendors, and lead the content design along with the logistical infrastructure of the event to ensure participation is aligned with business objectives.
During the execution, you will be responsible for directing the use of event resources (the ones that you secure!) to ensure maximum effectiveness in all aspects to ensure a flawless event.
Afterwards, during the post event follow-up, you will be responsible for all post-event analyses including compiling and summarizing results from event surveys and other feedback to develop an event report card. This report card will include everything from numbers of attendees, sponsors, vendors, expenses, and the overall success of the event.
Why Join us?
This position truly allows you to “own” events, from start to finish, for the world’s leading global B2B research and advisory firm. Not only will you gain exceptional experience in event planning and management, but the connections you make along the way will foster and build your career development and network.
Desired Skills and Experience
Ideal Candidates for this position will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited, 4-year institution – a must
- Managed 6+ events with 1000+ attendees
- Planned events including contract negotiation with sponsors and vendors
- Assisted in logistical aspects of event execution including catering food/beverages, audio-visual and internet, mobile event applications, décor and florals, among other things
- Experience in event marketing and promotion, and understanding of core event marketing concepts including cadence, touch governance and promotional copy
- Ability to design an event execution timeline, draft weekly agendas and drive the combined event team – of both peers and leadership, analysts and marketing – towards deadlines and results
- Experience in B2B, Information services, or Sales and Marketing industries is a plus
- Certified Meeting Professional accreditation is a plus
- Working knowledge of online registration system, preferably Cvent and CRM solutions, preferably salesforce.com
- Analyzed and summarized results of events
- The ability to lift and move up to 20 lbs.
- The ability and desire to travel up to 25%, both internationally and nationally
- A commitment to executing flawless events and having fun while doing so
SiriusDecisions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity. SiriusDecisions helps business-to-business companies worldwide improve sales and marketing effectiveness. Management teams make more informed business decisions through access to our industry analysts, best practice research, benchmark data, peer networks, events and continuous learning courses. The company is based in Wilton, CT with offices in Waltham, MA, San Francisco, CA, Staines, United Kingdom,Toronto, CAN and Singapore. For more information about SiriusDecisions visit:http://www.siriusdecisions.com.
Meet Some of SiriusDecisions's Employees
Michael develops new business opportunities in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, working tirelessly with each prospective client, from call to close.
Back to top