Research Director: Chief Sales Officer Strategies
SiriusDecisions is the leading global b-to-b research and advisory firm. We deliver the actionable intelligence, and expert guidance to help Chief Sales Officers build a repeatable, scalable and predictable revenue machine that delivers the number. To further strengthen our expanding research team, we’re looking for a senior sales leader who has deep experience leading winning sales organizations to join our rapidly growing Chief Sales Officer Strategies Service as a research director.
SiriusDecisions’ Chief Sales Officer Strategies service includes identifying and sharing best practices and providing advice and consultation through data-driven research, advisory services, webcasts, in-person forums and workshops, consulting, and e-learning. Service coverage for the Chief Sales Officer Strategies covers organizational design and investment, cross-functional alignment, sales talent management, sales productivity and other topics relevant to helping sales leaders hit their number.
- Advising: Interacts directly with Chief Sales Officer clients (in-person, telephone) to discuss business-related problems/issues and how to solve them.
- Consulting: Assists on ad hoc consulting projects as needed (e.g. benchmarking, go-to-market, assessments) as well as present at events (internal and external).
- Research generation: Participates in the conceptualization and writing of key research deliverables, including research briefs, vendor profiles, webcasts and Core Strategy Reports.
- Data gathering: Works with a wide variety of b-to-b organizations to gather key sales data using existing benchmarking models.
- Service development: Works with our business development team to grow CSOS membership through sales and marketing activities with prospects.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 15+ years of b-to-b sales leadership experience
- Has consistently led sales teams to quota attainment for well-known companies.
- Has demonstrated strong operational and process orientation in previous sales leadership roles.
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent problem solver.
- Experience in all of the following areas: sales leadership, sales management, organizational design, forecasting, sales process and sales productivity.
- B-to-b experience (we focus exclusively on the b-to-b space)
- Customer-facing skills (strong presenter, comfortable with executive-level audience, able to identify issues/needs through effective questioning)
Location: Anywhere in the United States
SiriusDecisions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity. SiriusDecisions helps business-to-business companies worldwide improve sales and marketing effectiveness. Management teams make more informed business decisions through access to our industry analysts, best practice research, benchmark data, peer networks, events and continuous learning courses. The company is based in Wilton, CT with offices in Waltham, MA, San Francisco, CA, Staines, United Kingdom, Toronto, CAN and Singapore. For more information about SiriusDecisions visit:http://www.siriusdecisions.com
Meet Some of SiriusDecisions's Employees
Cheri helps clients strategically navigate relationships with contractors delivering well-researched models that offer insights on how to best decide who to work with and how.
Back to top