Events Specialist - Wilton, CT
SiriusDecisions is the world’s leading source for business-to-business (b-to-b) sales and marketing best practice research and data. To further strengthen our expanding Events and Sponsorship teams, we are looking for a motivated sales professional to join our Sponsorship team in Wilton, CT.
In this role, you will be on the developing and implementing strategies for driving new sponsorship goals for our events. You will also be attending our events, to develop and maintain relationships with new and existing sponsors. This position is vital to the success of our sponsored exhibitions, sales organization and overall company. Compensation for this position will include a base salary plus a variable bonus contingent on performance and metrics.
If you are smart, articulate, hardworking and goal oriented and want to have a direct impact on SiriusDecisions’ success please read on.
You will be:
- Using judgment and strategy to identify and drive new sponsorships for SiriusDecisions events (using social media & cold calling).
- Using discretion to negotiate pricing and services to new sponsors.
- Proactively providing event and industry information to new and existing sponsors.
- Attending SiriusDecisions events; meeting with sponsors face-to-face to develop and maintain relationships (up to 25% travel).
- Maintaining the sponsorship database.
- Representing SiriusDecisions in a professional and ethical manner to clients, prospects, and colleagues.
- Developing in depth knowledge of high performance sales, marketing and product development functions.
- Part of of a fast growing sales organizations in the research and advisory industry.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A history of meeting and exceeding expectations.
- A strong entrepreneurial nature and desire to support our rapidly growing business.
- Ability to prospect and acquire C-level relationships within medium and enterprise B2B organizations.
- Knowledge and experience in B2B sales or marketing.
- You are service oriented, curious, smart, articulate and want to continuously learn.
- You are an excellent communicator; able to think on your feet with professional phone and interpersonal skills.
- A completed bachelor's degree.
Location: Wilton, CT
Interested but not quite sure? Be sure to check out the office, people, perks and life at SiriusDecisions on TheMuse
SiriusDecisions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity. SiriusDecisions helps business-to-business companies worldwide improve sales and marketing effectiveness. Management teams make more informed business decisions through access to our industry analysts, best practice research, benchmark data, peer networks, events and continuous learning courses. The company is based in Wilton, CT with offices in Waltham, MA, San Francisco, CA, Staines, United Kingdom,Toronto, CAN and Singapore. For more information about SiriusDecisions visit: http://www.siriusdecisions.com.
Meet Some of SiriusDecisions's Employees
Cheri helps clients strategically navigate relationships with contractors delivering well-researched models that offer insights on how to best decide who to work with and how.
Back to top