SiriusDecisions is the leading global b-to-b research and advisory firm. We deliver the actionable intelligence, transformative frameworks and expert guidance that equip executives to modernize and elevate sales, marketing and product performance. To further strengthen our expanding events team, we are now looking for an Events Associate to join our Marketing team.
The Events Associate supports the execution of our Summit Leadership Exchange events and related sponsorships. Reporting to the Senior Director of Events, this exciting role helps to ensure the smooth coordination and flawless execution of 4+ conferences per year.
What Would You Be Doing?
-In designing and developing these corporate events, you will spearhead the sourcing and outreach efforts, contact and secure vendors, and support the content design along with the logistical infrastructure of the event to ensure participation is aligned with business objectives.
-During the execution, you will be responsible for directing the use of event resources (the ones that you secure!) to ensure maximum effectiveness in all aspects to ensure a flawless event.
-Afterwards, during the post event follow-up, you will be responsible for all post-event analyses including compiling and summarizing results from event surveys and other feedback to develop an event report card. This report card will include everything from numbers of attendees, sponsors, vendors, expenses, and the overall success of the event.
Why Join Us?
This position truly allows you to be a part of the team that “own” events, from start to finish, for the world’s leading global B2B research and advisory firm. Not only will you gain exceptional experience in event planning and management, but the connections you make along the way will foster and build your career development and network.
Desired Skills and Experience
Ideal Candidates for this position will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree – a must
- Supported 6+ events with 1000+ attendees
- Assisted in logistical aspects of event execution including catering food/beverages, décor and florals, among other things
- Analyzed and summarized results of events
- Experience in B2B, Information services, or Sales and Marketing industries is a plus
- Logistical experience including management of staff travel, shipping and receiving, registration and purchasing
- Customer service skills to answer delegate and sponsor inquiries
- Working knowledge of online registration systems, preferably Cvent and CRM solutions, preferably salesforce.com
- The ability to lift and move up to 20 lbs.
- The ability and desire to travel up to 25%, both internationally and nationally
- A commitment to executing flawless events and having fun while doing so
SiriusDecisions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity. SiriusDecisions helps business-to-business companies worldwide improve sales and marketing effectiveness. Management teams make more informed business decisions through access to our industry analysts, best practice research, benchmark data, peer networks, events and continuous learning courses. The company is based in Wilton, CT with offices in Waltham, MA, San Francisco, CA, Staines, United Kingdom,Toronto, CAN and Singapore. For more information about SiriusDecisions visit:http://www.siriusdecisions.com.
Meet Some of SiriusDecisions's Employees
Michael develops new business opportunities in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, working tirelessly with each prospective client, from call to close.
Back to top