Business Analyst – Client Benchmarking
Business Analyst – Client Benchmarking
SiriusDecisions is the leading global B2B research and advisory firm. We deliver the actionable intelligence, transformative frameworks and expert guidance that equip executives to modernize and elevate sales, marketing, and product performance. SiriusDecisions is the world's leading source for business-to-business (b-to-b) sales and marketing best practice research and data. We are looking for a Business Analyst to add to our Benchmarking team.
Benchmarking is a key deliverable for SiriusDecisions, used to help sales and marketing leaders make better, more informed decisions, and to measure their spend and performance against peers and best-in-class b-to-b organizations. This position would be responsible for analyzing metric responses from thousands of users across hundreds of organizations for more than 750 individual metrics and developing insights and visualizations to be used in presentations for clients as well as published research from our analysts. In addition to the above, the Business Analyst would assist on other key benchmarking projects as needed, such as new primary research surveys, process improvement initiatives, etc.
- Data gathering: Work with our clients and prospects to provide access to key sales, marketing and product spend and performance data using key metrics and ratios.
- Data analysis: Work on back-end comparison of metrics and ratios for client delivery and broader publishing within our research practices.
- Data and analysis support: Provide assistance to clients (internal and external) with regards to data collection process and analytic methodology.
- Database management and support: Assist in the ongoing support of the relational database of client information and metric responses, ensuring that the data we utilize is of the highest quality.
- Survey creation: Develop online-based surveys across all of our syndicated research services to gather deeper data connected to specific areas of SiriusDecisions coverage.
- Service development: Work with our benchmarking leader and service directors to find new ways to gather data from our client base, and share data with this base.
- Research generation: Participation in the conceptualization and support of key deliverables, including research briefs, Core Strategy Reports, and consulting projects.
- Analyst work: In-person or telephone-based interaction with our clients to present and review data correlations, research findings and recommendations, and discuss business-related problems/issues.
- 4-6 years of marketing/market research/business analyst experience
- Undergraduate degree in business or business analytics and related real world business experience
- Marketing, sales or business analyst experience, particularly in the marketing or sales operations areas
- B-to-b experience required (we are a b-to-b only shop) though additional experience in b-to-c a plus
- Customer-facing skills (strong presenter, comfortable with executive-level audience, and ability to handle difficult and detailed questions)
- Extremely strong writing, analysis, project management, and presentation skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- Experience in Microsoft PowerBi a major plus
- Database design and analysis skills a plus
SiriusDecisions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity. SiriusDecisions helps business-to-business companies worldwide improve sales and marketing effectiveness. Management teams make more informed business decisions through access to our industry analysts, best practice research, benchmark data, peer networks, events and continuous learning courses. The company is based in Wilton, CT with offices in Waltham, MA, San Francisco, CA, Staines, United Kingdom, Toronto, CAN and Singapore. For more information about SiriusDecisions visit:http://www.siriusdecisions.com
Meet Some of SiriusDecisions's Employees
Cheri helps clients strategically navigate relationships with contractors delivering well-researched models that offer insights on how to best decide who to work with and how.
Back to top