WJLA-TV Fall Intern (8344)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
ABC 7-WJLA-TV & NewsChannel8 is offering a limited number of highly-sought unpaid internships. These programs are aimed at providing a springboard for college students interested in developing careers in broadcast and/or cable television, sales and human resources. These internships are offered to selected participants currently enrolled institutions of higher learning.
Our internships are made available to juniors and seniors, who are currently registered in a four-year undergraduate program at an accredited college or university. Graduate students and students entering their second year in a two-year junior or community college program may also be considered. Applicants should possess declared majors in communications, journalism, broadcast production techniques, sales or some similar related area (applicants interested in a Weather internship must possess declared majors in Meteorology, Atmospheric Science, or closely related area). Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. The applicant must receive academic credit for the internship experience.
- Entertainment/Let's Talk Live
- Good Morning Washington
- Investigative News
- General Production
- Creative Services
- Human Resources
- Web Operations
You must be:
- A current college student who boasts a strong academic record
- Able to receive college credit for this internship
- A responsible professional who has prior internship and/or work experience
- A candidate with a terrific attitude who can work well with a team as well as independently
- A creative self-starter who can communicate effectively and work well under constant deadline
- Willing to work mornings, nights and/ or weekends to support our newscasts varying hours: We will do our best to work with your schedule
- If interested in working with Good Morning Washington: In addition to general requirements, must be able to work early mornings
If interested in Entertainment/Let's Talk Live: In addition to general requirements, must be familiar with writing scripts and making banners. You must also have knowledge of social media platforms and be able to stay on top of celebrity news and what's trending. Knowledge of ENPS is a plus.
If interested in Web Operations: In addition to general requirements, you must have excellent writing skills. Experience with web content, video editing, or content management systems is a plus, but not required.
You must submit the following:
- Cover letter: Please include answers to the following questions: 1) Which internship area are you interested in? 2) Why are you interested in working with WJLA? and 3) What are your career goals?
- One letter of recommendation
- Copy of your academic transcript
Transcripts and letters of recommendation can be attached to your online application or mailed to:
1100 Wilson Blvd, 6th Floor
Arlington, VA 22209
What comes next?
After your information is received, you will be told whether or not you have advanced to the next stage of the application process. It is imperative that your initial application package is complete and your information is correct when submitting it for review. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Please note: New inquiries/resumes for Fall Internships will NOT be processed after August 31st, 2017.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top