WJLA Intern (Summer 2017) (7378)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to 162 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
As a part of our commitment to community service and educational enrichment, ABC 7-WJLA-TV & NewsChannel8 offers a limited number of highly-sought unpaid internships. This program is aimed at providing a springboard for college students interested in developing careers in broadcast and/or cable television, sales and human resources. These internships are offered to selected participants currently enrolled institutions of higher learning. Student interns will experience all phases of a major market television station’s day-to-day operations as a supplement to their academic curriculum.
- General Assignment
- Good Morning Washington
- Entertainment News
- Investigative News
- Web Operations
- Client Services/Commercial Production
- General Sales
You must be:
- A current college student, who boasts a strong academic record
- Able to receive college credit for this internship
- A responsible professional, who has prior internship and/or work experience
- A candidate with a terrific attitude who can work well with a team as well as independently
- A creative self-starter who can communicate effectively and work well under constant deadlines
- Willing to work mornings, nights and/ or weekends to support our newscasts varying hours: We will do our best to work with your schedule.
- If interested in working with Good Morning Washington: In addition to general requirements, must be able to work early mornings.
- If interested in Entertainment: In addition to general requirements, must be familiar with writing scripts and making banners. Must also have knowledge of social media platforms and be able to stay on top of celebrity news and what’s trending. Knowledge of ENPS is a plus.
- If interested in Web Operations: In addition to general requirements, must have excellent writing skills. Experience with web content, video editing or content management systems is a plus, but not required.
- Cover letter: Please include answers to the following questions:
1) Why are you interested in working with WJLA?
2) What are your career goals?
3) Which internship area are you interested in?
- One letter of recommendation
- Copy of your academic transcript
Transcripts and letters of recommendation can be attached to your online application or mailed to:
Attn: Internship Coordinator
1100 Wilson Blvd, 6th Floor
Arlington, VA 22209
What comes next?
After your information is received, you will be told whether or not you have advanced to the next stage of the application process. It is imperative that your initial application package is complete and your information is correct when submitting it for review. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please note: New inquiries/resumes for the Summer Internship will NOT be processed after March 31st.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Abiezer directs live productions of KOMO TV’s news segments for viewers across the greater Seattle area. He prepares the news visuals and works alongside producers.
Back to top