Weekend Sports Anchor/Multimedia Journalist
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WJAC-TV has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Weekend Sports Anchor / Multimedia Journalist. The winning candidate will be able to demonstrate enterprise sports reporting and creativity in story-telling. In this role, you will be required to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet and social networks, along with performing other duties as assigned by the news managers. The ability to work under deadlines and on a flexible schedule, that will include evenings and/or weekends, is required.
- A strong writer
- Someone with sharp wit and the ability to work well with others
- Must be a self-starter
- The ability to generate his or her own story ideas on a daily basis
- Exemplary communication skills
- At least 2 years of on-air anchoring experience is required
- Considerable live shot experience is a must
- Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
- Experience posting on social media and writing web copy is required
- Strong broadcast writing experience is required
- Experience shooting and editing video is a must
- Experience producing sports segments that include multiple local and relevant sports stories is preferred
WJAC-TV Attn: News Director 49 Old Hickory Lane Johnstown, PA 15905
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job Location Johnstown, Pennsylvania, United States
Company Location HR.WJAC.Johnstown.Johnstown.PA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top