Weekend Sports Anchor / Weekday Sports Reporter (8580)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KGBT CBS 4, in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas, has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Weekend Sports Anchor / Weekday Sports Reporter. The ideal candidate should be able to shoot and edit. We are looking for a strong writer, someone with sharp wit and the ability to work well with others. We're also looking for someone who is a self-starter and who can generate his or her own story ideas on a daily basis. While we cover all high school sports in the Rio Grande Valley, college athletics at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV), as well as minor league NBA basketball (Rio Grande Vipers) and soccer (RGVFC Toros) we are also looking for great sports feature stories that will attract the non-traditional sports fan, this means you have to be passionate about local sports.
The winning candidate must have the ability to go beyond the highlights and tell real stories not just on air but on social media. You will be required to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet and social networks, along with performing other duties as assigned by the news managers. Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule that will include evenings and/or weekends is required.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Covering day-to-day sporting events and developing sports features on a variety of platforms, including on air, website, social media, and mobile
- This position requires working nights, weekends, and holidays
- Determining content and flow of sports segments, shows, and specials
- Experience operating digital cameras and nonlinear editors
- You must have and maintain a valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Ability to shoot and edit video
- Vast knowledge of sports (Texas and RGV Sports a plus)
- Making contacts in the community with high school, college and pro sports as well as local youth sports
- Anchoring sports, adlibbing
- Bilingual in Spanish helpful
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top