Weekend Assignment Editor/Associate Producer (Part-Time) (9012)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KFOX/CBS4, in El Paso, TX, has a part-time opening for an energetic and aggressive Weekend Assignment Editor/Associate Producer to join our News department. We are looking for an independent, creative candidate who can enterprise, multitask multiple responsibilities at once and understand/execute the job at hand.
This person will manage all aspects of daily news coverage and write for various newscasts, including but not limited to:
- Assign and track news crews
- Identify and develop daily content
- Develop and maintain contacts and sources to enterprise story ideas
- Listen for and respond to breaking news
- Produce content for multiple platforms
- Compelling and accurate writing
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Journalism, Broadcasting or related area. Actual experience may be substituted for certain educational requirements.
- Strong writing and news judgment skills
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment
- Non-linear video editing is a plus as is control room experience
- A keen ear for scanner traffic and ability to break crews as news happens
- Web/Social Media producing experience is required as well as excellent communication and time management skills
- Knowledge of the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) process preferred
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus, but not required
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top