Weekend Assignment Editor (Part-Time)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WLUK-TV, in Green Bay, WI, is seeking an aggressive, energetic, and creative part-time Weekend Assignment Editor.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Gathering news affecting the community
- Preparing story items for presentation in the newscasts
- Assisting in the efficient operation of the assignment desk
- Writing stories for broadcast and digital entities
- Managing social media pages
- A commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
- General knowledge and interest in local, national, and world news
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, and emerging social media
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Job Location Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
Company Location HR.WLUK/WCWF.Green Bay.Green Bay.WI
Position Type Part-Time
Back to top