Weekend Anchor/ Weekday Multimedia Journalist (8984)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KGBT TV CBS 4, in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas, has an exciting opportunity for a full time Weekend News Anchor / Reporter. The ideal candidate should have considerable live shot experience. We are looking for a strong writer, someone with sharp wit and the ability to work well with others. We're also looking for someone who is a self-starter and who can generate his or her own story ideas on a daily basis.
In this role, you will be required to produce newscasts on weekends as well as content on a variety of platforms including the internet and social networks, along with performing other duties as assigned by the news managers.
- Developing and networking with news sources for original enterprise reporting
- Writing news, anchoring and producing
- Non-linear editing and MMJ experience
- Excellent communication skills and working in a team environment
- Ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in story-telling
- Exemplary communication skills
- Ability to work under deadlines and on a flexible schedule, that will include evenings and/or weekends, is required
- Previous anchoring experience is required
- Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
- Must have 1- years on-air experience
If you have the required experience and skills, please apply online.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top