Weekend Anchor / Reporter
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WJAC-TV has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Weekend News Anchor / Reporter. In this role, you will be required to produce daily content on a variety of platforms, including the internet and social networks, along with performing other duties as assigned by the news managers. You must produce your own newscasts.
Skills and Requirements:
- Must be able to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in story-telling
- Exemplary communication skills
- A strong writer
- Someone with sharp wit
- The ability to work well with others
- A self-starter and who can generate his or her own story ideas on a daily basis
- The ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule that will include evenings and/or weekends is required
- Considerable live shot experience
- Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
- Experience with iNEWS and Avid Editing a plus
- Must have 2 or more years of on-air experience as an anchor
Station WJAC-TV Attn: News Director 49 Old Hickory Lane Johnstown, PA 15905
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job Location Johnstown, Pennsylvania, United States
Company Location HR.WJAC.Johnstown.Johnstown.PA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top