Web Designer (7287)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Compulse Integrated Marketing, the creative agency arm of Sinclair Broadcast Group, is looking for a talented and dynamic web designer who thrives in a fast paced environment. A candidate with a “can-do” attitude will thrive at this position, which offers the opportunity to add to their design portfolio a multitude of sites created for a growing and diverse client base.
The candidate should be experienced with responsive design principles and able to apply these concepts within the WordPress CMS framework. In addition, the candidate must be able to work well with customers and our customer-relations personnel to implement digital solutions in a clean and effective manner. The candidate should also be able to manage their time well across multiple projects. The candidate must be flexible and able to adapt to the evolving digital industry and to Sinclair’s growing and changing digital group. The primary focus of this position is to support our digital agency services, but web designers may be tagged to handle other web projects that support Sinclair Digital Group as a whole.
WEBSITE & LANDING PAGE DESIGN
- Website UI design which will be completed within our WordPress environment and in accordance to contract requirements.
- Creating wireframes and mockups that effectively illustrate functionality as well as clarify and define the intended design treatment of projects in development.
- Writing HTML and CSS code for various front-end elements.
- Must be able to plan site design with clients and management, clarify goals and understand functionality.
- Must be confident enough to maintain and enforce content and display standards.
- Deliver projects that are free of mistakes and follow outlined requirements.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and resolve design issues.
- Training clients and departmental employees on approved systems.
- Executing designs within our automated design infrastructure based on Foundation Zurb.
- Must be able to complete all projects on time and hand off to customer service for testing and deployment.
- Must be familiar with email design standards and techniques, and run projects through quality assurance processes defined by management.
- Troubleshoot and resolve design problems.
- Will work within our approved contest platforms to execute contests within specified time frames.
- Must be able to think creatively and design appealing skins around standard contesting templates.
- Must remain organized and on top of contesting projects and remove from sites in accordance to assigned contracts.
COMMUNICATION, CLIENT INTERACTION AND EXPERIECE
- Must be comfortable participating in design discussions with external clients, sales leaders and department team members.
- Must be able to develop an effective user experience across all agency services from concept to completion.
- Must be able to recommend optimal solutions to problems.
- Will demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be comfortable working one-on-one with clients to discuss project needs and resolve issues
- 2+ years of experience with web design in a professional environment.
- Competency in typing out code for responsive web components in HTML and CSS.
- The ability to design aesthetically pleasing yet effective user interfaces.
- Comfortable with creating wireframes and transferring wireframes into working designs.
- A solid point-of-view regarding design and a collaborative nature.
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve and communicate resolutions effectively
- HTML and CSS
- WordPress 4.x
- Ability to create a WordPress template.
- Comfortable with integrating WordPress plugins.
- Knowledge of useable HTML elements within email clients.
- Dreamweaver CC or other web oriented IDE
- Adobe CC: Illustrator and Photoshop.
- MS Office Suite
- Understanding of web analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Comscore
- Comfortable in the terminal with basic knowledge of how to navigate and execute functions.
- Awareness of WordPress plugins that can augment production output.
- Experienced with working in Bootstrap 3.
- Environment automation utilizing Gulp or Grunt on top of Node.js.
- Version control using GIT through terminal
- Knowledge of social networking platforms, SEO and mobile initiatives
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Abiezer directs live productions of KOMO TV’s news segments for viewers across the greater Seattle area. He prepares the news visuals and works alongside producers.
Back to top