WLUK has an immediate opening for a Part-time Video Editor/Writer. This Creative Combo is a Part-time job and perfect for someone who is studying Journalism, Communications or Digital Media. The Part-time position is your first step to a career as a \"visual storyteller\". You'll be part of a professional environment, where each day your work will be seen on our broadcast and digital channels. You'll also see your progress grow each day, while informing your community by writing the stories and sharing the images of important events.
Job responsibilities include:
- Editing video for daily news coverage, special projects, and sweep period pieces
- Taking in news feeds from news bureaus and various news organizations
- Collaborating with anchors, reporters, and producers on video elements of newscasts
- Meeting daily deadlines in a high-energy working environment
- Writing news content for Broadcast and Digital platforms
- Associates Degree or current college experience
- Knowledge of Non-linear editing software (Final Cut Pro and Avid NewsCutter XP) is a definite plus - however we will offer extensive training
- Ability to work with a multitude of people and personalities while maintaining a professional work environment
- Ability to deal with multiple deadlines each day
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.