Vice President, Research
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Media Network's Ad Sales team is seeking a strategic and highly-motivated VP, Research for our NY office to oversee research efforts to all network platforms, providing leadership, analysis and support for network management and sales.
Major responsibilities include:
- Oversee Network Research team tasked with overseeing reporting of audience measurement, generation of data, vetting of research tools and providing insights and feedback to all network platforms
- Lead teams in offices around the country responsible for linear and digital reporting and forecasting across all business segments
- Advise senior executives - in Programming, Sales, Distribution, Digital Media, Affiliate Relations, Digital, Distribution, Finance, PR and Legal - on consumer viewing behavior and opportunities to drive revenue
- Support Ad Sales teams with competitive/marketplace trend analysis, primary/secondary research and campaign performance reporting
- Direct teams in development of ideas and manage new research analysis through in-depth use of research systems/studies
- Identify custom research opportunities that demonstrate the value of Sinclair's inventory across all brands and platforms
- Work with leading research partners such as Nielsen and comScore to ensure that their methodologies are sound and audience segments are adequately represented
- In collaboration with peers, drive relevant consumer insights throughout the organization in support of sales goals and external messaging.
- Provide strategic input and supporting research projects that deliver value to Sinclair's key stakeholders
- Manage teams overseeing the reporting of TV (national ratings), Online, VOD, and Mobile viewing, as well as the management of inventory for all digital platforms.
- Lead multi-platform measurement strategy for content and ads to ensure maximum audience reach and monetization.
- Oversee measurement partnerships and budgets with third party vendors.
- Innovate on existing measurement tools and lead participation in the testing of new audience measurement products, embracing new methodologies/data sets, etc.
- Minimum 10 years of television and/or digital media research experience, including significant experience with programming and ad sales research.
- An in-depth knowledge of Nielsen & comScore Linear and Digital syndicated product offerings and a sophisticated understanding of the challenges facing comprehensive audience measurement.
- Strong business acumen, analytical/communication/presentation skills, marketplace knowledge and client service skills
- Experience with or understanding of the technical concepts and workflows that underpin linear and digital video measurement (tagging, SDKs, etc.), and a working knowledge of the contemporary video ad tech landscape (ad servers, viewability vendors, DMPs, DSPs, SSPs, yield management tools, etc.).
- An understanding of multi-platform research methodologies and a sophisticated point of view on how to innovate and improve them.
- A data-driven leader with extraordinary communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic thinker with ability to formulate innovative solutions to complex problems and keep ahead of industry trends.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a high-performance team of traditional and emerging skill sets to deliver results.
- Ability to analyze data and provide revenue driving recommendations.
- Familiarity with cross-platform video research efforts, and the challenges with normalizing data sets across television, VOD, OTT, Mobile, Web, SVOD and DTO.
- Working knowledge of site-side digital data sets (Adobe Omniture Analytics, Google Analytics) and ad serving data sets (Freewheel, DFP, DFA, Sizmek).
- Bachelor's degree required and MBA or Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline preferred.
Job Location New York, New York, United States
Company Location HR.SINCLAIR LINCOLN BUILDING, NY.Remote.New York.NY
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top