Sinclair Digitalis a division of Sinclair Broadcast Group with dual headquarters in Seattle, WA and Hunt Valley, MD. Sinclair Digital was formed in February of 2014 with the goal of making the nation's largest broadcaster a leader in digital media and content distribution on all platforms. In the past 3+ years, Sinclair Digital has amassed a 100+person team of innovative leaders, designers, developers and testers that are now re-launching digital properties and new brands on web, mobile, and ott devices that reach more then 40 million people every month. This effort is powered by a proprietary media management and publishing platform that automates processes and production of content in unique and compelling ways.
We're seeking a UX/Visual Designer to join our small team of talented folks located in Seattle, WA. The ideal candidate comes with the understanding that a world-class user interface is a fundamental part of bringing amazing experiences to our users and grasps the challenges and opportunities that are part of creating dynamic, reactive, and appealing UX/UI design. This UX/Visual Designer will likely work on all of our digital products - which includes web, mobile, and OTT. Strategic thinking and product design knowledge is fundamental for success in this role.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
You'll spend quality time with your nose buried in a MacBook Pro - but you'll also collaborate with our creative leadership, designers, and other key members of our product team to produce awesome, industry-leading work. Day to day, your role will include:
- Deliver world-class digital user interfaces, contributing your design knowledge and outstanding individual work to the effort.
- Interact with stakeholders and product managers to understand the overall goals for our user experience.
- Collaborate with the product owners to establish design direction, quality, and workflow requirements for our line of products.
- Take direction and perform assigned tasks through each stage of production: concept, wireframe, prototype, implementation, and refinement through to final sign-off.
- Iterate designs according to work reviews, changing requirements, and user feedback.
- Foster a culture of close collaboration between engineering and design.
We're looking for a UX/Visual Designer who is no only eats/sleeps/breathes good design - but also a delight to work with. This usually includes:
- Energy, a sense of humor and an open & curious mind (yes, these things really do matter)
- Exceptional conceptual and design skills and a robust portfolio that shows your talent in the digital space.
- Industry-related schooling, plus 1-2 years of creative industry experience and strong digital design work experience (This is entry-level, so we're not setting the expectations too high).
- A knack for strategic brainstorming and creative execution.
- A desire for designing world-class UX/UI solutions for our digital products.
- Outstanding skills in designing interaction and visuals for web, mobile, and OTT.
- A desire to grow your visual communication skills. (presentations, prototypes, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Sketch (Primary) Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision and other industry-standard tools.
Job Location Seattle, Washington, United States
Company Location HR.SINCLAIR SEATTLE INTERACTIVE.Remote.Seattle.WA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top