Unified Communications Administrator (7400)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair has an exciting, new opportunity for a Unified Communications Administrator. The primary responsibility of this role is to assist with the support and maintenance of our unified communications related business activities and operations. The unified communications administrator will participate in the collaboration and implementation of technologies and policies associated with our Lync/IP PBX/VOIP/O365 telephony infrastructure.
- Provide Tier 2 support related to end user UC functions and technologies including Windows desktop, Active Directory, Lync\Skype for Business client, voice and conferencing solutions and phone hardware.
- Create and maintain telecom documentation, such as business processes, network diagrams, infrastructure topologies and user-based spreadsheets.
- Assist in monitoring and managing the health of solutions and services, diagnosing / fixing basic system problems and escalating problems to senior staff or vendors.
- Research new products and services, partnering with internal customers to identify needs and working with vendors to design and recommended appropriate solutions.
- Other duties may include coordinating software upgrades, auditing telephony servers, assisting network team in troubleshooting performance issues.
- Familiarity with MS Lync server and related administration.
- Proficiency in administration and management of Windows domain infrastructure including Active Directory, group policy, DHCP. DNS, and certificate management.
- Proficiency in server hardware and software administration.
- Proficiency with Exchange Unified Messaging and related administration.
- Familiarity with Avaya Session Manager – and/or AudioCodes devices.
- Aptitude to logically assess and troubleshoot hardware and software difficulties.
- Familiarity with traditional phones systems such as Avaya and Nortel.
- Excellent technical documentation skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Lync 2010/2013/Skype Client – experience with Microsoft Office 365, Visio, and PowerPoint, a plus
Formal Education and Experience Requirements:
- 3+ years of Windows PC and server systems experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IT-related field, recognized equivalent in work experience or a combination of work experience and education.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear, concise manner with attention and sensitivity to the audience and content of discussion.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Abiezer directs live productions of KOMO TV’s news segments for viewers across the greater Seattle area. He prepares the news visuals and works alongside producers.
Back to top