Treasury Analyst (8519)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group has an exciting and immediate opening as a Treasury Analyst. This position will sit at our corporate office in Hunt Valley, as part of our Treasury department.
- Enter and manage retransmission rates, payments, and subscriber counts (i.e., receipts from cable companies carrying our stations) for tracking and in order to report change over time.
- Enter and manage contracts for reverse retransmission expense (i.e., payments due to networks).
- Prepare, review and analyze retransmission revenue and reverse retransmission expense forecasts and accruals and work with accounting to ensure that actual payments and accruals are recorded accurately.
- Perform variance analysis for retransmission revenue and expense.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly retransmission revenue and expense reports provided to management.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the retransmission database and procedures for updating the database.
- Manage the relationships with and integrate new cable and satellite companies into the Sinclair processes.
- Handle communications with cable and satellite systems on outstanding balances.
- Assist with mergers and acquisitions including the setup of new stations and cable and satellite systems in the retransmission database.
- Participate in special projects
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience working in financial software systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven analytical and proactive problem solving skills
- Moderate Microsoft Word skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organized with a solid work ethic
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top