Marquee Sports Network is seeking a Transmission Manager to join our Technical Operations Team. We are looking for a bright, self-starter with a strong understanding of master control, ingest, play back, live show work flows and broadcast transmission practices. This individual would manage all live feeds in and out of Marquee Sports Network while monitoring the integrity of our Network, and working with distribution outlets to resolve issues.
The Transmission Manager will report to the Director of Engineering and will require a flexible working schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
Some of the duties will include:
- Monitor the Network during live and pre-taped broadcasts
- Scheduling and coordinating transmission feeds
- Trouble-shooting on-air technical issues to preserve the overall integrity of the Network
- Consolidate and distribute pertinent technical information for all incoming feeds
- Function as liaison with affiliate/distribution departments
- Provide basic transmission/engineering support for control room environment
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Minimum of 3 years' Master Control experience, including:
- Transmission standards and practices
- Video servers and playout systems
- Automation and ingest
- Encoders and transmission equipment
- Understanding of the live sports environment and trouble-shooting on-air issues
- Broadcast systems engineering experience is a plus
- A self-starter who thrives in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize work in a high-pressure environment
- Eager to learn new technologies and expand their skill set
- A strong communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Opportunity to be part of a new Network and dedicated team
- Competitive compensation and stock purchase plan
- 401k with company match
- Comprehensive medical, dental & vision coverage
- Employer-paid disability and life insurance
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.