Town Hall Producer
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Do you believe that an informed electorate is critical to our democracy? If so, we want to hear from you! Sinclair Broadcast Group's national news team is growing. We're looking for a driven and passionate news producer to lead our Town Hall initiative. You need to be knowledgeable about national and regional politics and know how to produce compelling news specials and Town Hall events. Must be able to work collaboratively and have strong organizational and digital skills. This position will help create group content for 75 news markets and serve specific needs for local stations' Town Halls. Excellent interpersonal and networking skills are an absolute must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with local station news management to identify the key issues that matter to the local audience
- Handle the logistics for weekly Town Halls across the country
- Assist in the dissemination of key interviews for on-line and on-air distribution
- Assist in the operational requirements of remote interviews with congressional members and local station talent, including scheduling, operating communication, and production
- Serve the news organization in other content-producing needs, as necessary
- A minimum of three (3) years of television and/or digital producing or field producing experience
- A working understanding of congressional protocols
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be a team player, working closely with members of the corporate news staff and the local stations to ensure operational excellence
- Some travel is required
Job Location Cockeysville, Maryland, United States
Company Location HR.SINCLAIR.Headquarters.Cockeysville.MD
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top