Sinclair Digital is looking for a Test Architect. This position will be responsible for driving automation tooling, frameworks, and architecture strategy to advance test automation across diverse set of applications: APIs, mobile, and user interface.
- Expertise in automation frameworks supporting various layers and phases of testing (e.g. component, integration, QA, UA).
- Proficiency with DevOps culture and practices with strong knowledge of DevOps technologies, processes and tools.
- Proven record of establishing DevOps pipelines and capabilities across several teams.
- Familiarity with industry software development methodologies, standards and architecture frameworks including approaches e.g. Iterative, Agile, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavioral Driven Development (BDD), etc.
- Excellent initiative, innovative thinking skills, and the ability to analyze details and adopt a big-picture view.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to explain complex technical information to technical and non-technical contacts.
- Ability to lead, providing clear technical direction in the face of conflicting requirements and/or ambiguity.
- Sound knowledge across industry wide language and framework choices: Java, Java Script, JUnit, Node, Appium, Databases, APIs (REST/SOAP), Code scanning tools (e.g. Sonar), Continuous Delivery (e.g. Jenkins/Bamboo).
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively build relationships, promotes a collaborative and team environment, and influences others.
- Excellent organizational, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Mentor staff specifically Software Engineers in Test (SDETs) to instrument automated quality checks in software development and delivery pipeline (CI/CD) leveraging common framework modules.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, or equivalent preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer or SDET.
- 6-10 years of technical architecture experience with all aspects of solution delivery from design through development, testing and implementation
- Experience testing Mobile & OTT Streaming devices
- Strong Experience developing high quality automation frameworks.
- Experience creating automated UI & API tests for integration, acceptance, or regression testing
- Experience with REST / SOAP services and clients.
- Strong experience working with SDLC frameworks like: SCRUM, Kanban, Agile.
- Experience tools such as GIT, Bamboo, Jenkins.
There are few companies that can provide the breadth and depth of audience impact and scope of work that Sinclair can. Sinclair Digital is transforming how television is produced, distributed, and consumed. We are the innovation team for the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, with more local television stations than anyone and affiliations with all major networks. Our multidisciplinary team works together to create elegant solutions to the complex problems around delivering the most trusted, empathic, engaging, quality news, information, and entertainment to web, mobile, broadcast, and over-the-top (OTT) media distribution to audiences all over the country. Our digital portfolio combines websites, mobile apps, over-the-top (OTT) apps, a content management and publishing platform, and into a seamless user experiences. We run lean, move with agility, and take pride in our charter to transform the Sinclair Broadcast Group from a broadcast-centric company into a omni-platform enterprise while maintaining our corporate entrepreneurial spirit.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job Location Seattle, Washington, United States
Company Location HR.SINCLAIR SEATTLE INTERACTIVE.Remote.Seattle.WA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top