Teleprompter/ Desk Assistant (Part-Time) (7463)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WGME CBS 13/WPFO FOX 23, in Portland, Maine, is a trusted brand providing Maine families with local news, weather, sports, entertainment, and social media content. We help grow the most talented people in television. You have the opportunity to work with a team filled with spirit, passion and imagination. We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, highly motivated part-time Teleprompter/Assignment Editor. This is a part-time, entry level position for candidates interested in gaining experience in the broadcasting industry.
- Run teleprompter in the news studio during various newscasts.
- Help answer phone calls as directed from viewers and businesses calling into the newsroom.
- Make daily phone calls to various law enforcement and emergency agencies.
- Able to drive to directed courthouse and other facilities to pick up documents, tapes and other needed materials.
- Work in the field at times with crews during assignments.
- Work various hours and holidays, depending on needs of the newsroom.
- Valid Maine driver’s license and good motor vehicle record
- Energetic and self-starter
- Quick learner and have good judgment during work times with little supervision.
- Able to communicate and interact in a professional and calm manner with the public
- Be comfortable working in a fast paced and changing team environment
- Professional appearance a must
Applicants must apply on line to be considered. APPLY at www.sbgi.net or WGME.com
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Abiezer directs live productions of KOMO TV’s news segments for viewers across the greater Seattle area. He prepares the news visuals and works alongside producers.
Back to top