As a part of our commitment to community service and educational enrichment, ABC 7/WJLA 24/7 News is offering a limited number of highly-sought unpaid internships, aimed at providing a springboard for college students interested in developing careers in broadcast and/or cable television. These internships are offered to selected participants currently enrolled institutions of higher learning. Student interns will experience all phases of a major market television station's day-to-day operations as a supplement to their academic curriculum.
Internship areas include:
- Good Morning Washington (Lifestyle Show)
- Morning News
- General News
- Digital News
- Current or upcoming junior or senior registered in a four-year undergraduate program at an accredited college or university
- Graduate students
- Students entering their second year in a two-year junior or community college program may also be considered
- Applicants should possess declared majors in communications, journalism, broadcast production techniques or some similar related area
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- A current college student who boasts a strong academic record
- Able to receive college credit for this internship
- A responsible professional who has prior internship and/or work experience
- A candidate with a terrific attitude who can work well with a team as well as independently
- A creative self-starter who can communicate effectively and work well under constant deadline
- Willing to work mornings, nights and/ or weekends to support our newscasts varying hours: We will do our best to work with your schedule
- If interested in working with Good Morning Washington: In addition to general requirements, must be able to work early mornings
- Copy of your academic transcript (unofficial or official)
This internship will be unpaid . The applicant must receive academic credit for the internship experience.
Please note: If applicable for a phone screening, please have your top 3 department preferences.
Transcripts and letters of recommendation can be attached to your online application or mailed to:
Attn: Internship Coordinator
1100 Wilson Blvd, 6th Floor
Arlington, VA 22209
Internship/HR Coordinator and Contact information:
Adini Parikh, Human Resources Coordinator
Office Phone: 703-236-9216
*Incomplete submissions will not be considered!
Internship Stipend : No stipend
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.