WCIV is seeking a Studio Production Crew member (Production Assistant). You should have experience working in a Studio for newscasts in a fast-paced environment.
- Operate camera, teleprompter, and floor direct for our morning newscasts and LowCountry Live show.
- Work as a liaison between the News & Engineering Department.
- Post content to website and other social media outlets.
- Maintain production studio and control room.
- Perform other tasks related to the position as assigned, which may include website contribution, running audio, etc.
- Maintain a strong level of daily communication and collaboration with producers, talent, and the production team.
- Strive to maintain a high degree of production value with strong attention to production aesthetics, accuracy, and show pacing.
- Participate in pre-show planning for special show segments, provide guidance and work on sets, lighting, and shot blocking.
- Provide clear concise communication and with management, producers, engineering staff, producers, and talent.
- React in a calm and effective manner to fast-paced, 'live' television and multimedia environments.
- Participate in training less experienced production staff as needed.
- Be a positive team player who possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Degree in a related field preferred.
- Knowledge of INews, and studio operations a plus.
- Possess strong organizational skills, be self-motivated and have a good visual sense. Must be able to work well under pressure, thrive on deadlines and work a flexible schedule.
- Have the ability to follow directions to crew while under pressure.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.