Staff Accountant (8449)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Media of Seattle, LLC is seeking a Staff Accountant, who reports to the Station Business Manager. Together we will provide accounting support to TV stations KOMO 4 (ABC) and KUNS (Univision) and radio stations, KOMO Newsradio, 570 KVI and Star 101.5 in the Seattle, Washington area. The ideal candidate will be an integral part of team working with various levels of station employees and will have the ability to manage a large volume of information.
Here are some examples of what a Staff Accountant does at Sinclair Seattle:
- Support of month end close process, including preparation of journal entries and financial statements
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Management of the market requisition process
- Maintain proper internal controls, and ensure compliance with all relevant company policies
- Fulfillment of monthly reporting requirements, annual tax requests, and periodic audit reviews
- Take on and/or assist on a variety of projects
Here is what we need from you:
- Associates or bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent, or enrolled towards such degree
- Ability to work in a team environment with various levels of staff
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Must be results oriented with strong accounting and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Oracle preferred
- Experience in the broadcast industry a plus!
Here is what you can expect from us:
- Great benefits
- Awesome coworkers
- Invested in your full potential
- Collaborative workplace
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top